Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Why a Blog?

"Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect."
- Alan Cohen
or


"Being piddled on by a puppy is a sign that this is meant to be."
- Barbara Reade

I blame my friend Sarah, who posted on my Facebook page the following messages: "BLOG! BLOG!! BLOG!!!!!", then, "Do it!" There is nothing like being yelled at on Facebook to provide the proverbial kick in the butt to begin what I was sort of trying to do in some of my posts. With the promise of lunch at the Naked Sprout and a visit with her adorable new puppy, Maeby, Sarah convinced me to take my rambling posts one step further. After our vegan reuben sandwiches and nut cheese (fodder for another entry, for sure), Sarah pulled out her laptop and logged in to Blogger to show me the ropes. It looked easy! I could link pictures, play with text and manipulate colourful backgrounds! Forget about generating content, this looked like fun! And just like Maeby with her propensity to chew on everything that falls within her sight lines, I was hooked and ready to dig in.

Incidentally, I blame my sister Jan for introducing me to Facebook with the promise that it was "fun". Little did she know that we would spend hours howling with laughter while sharing photos, sending goofy messages that only we could appreciate and bewildering Roman, my wonderful partner in life, while he sat in the background watching us descend into the depths of our particular brand of hilarity.

As for the puppy piddle, yes, I was indeed peed on. At least my bare feet were, to be more precise. When I arrived at Sarah's beautiful home to meet her fluffy bundle of joy, Maeby, I was greeted with full-on, rush from the sidelines, puppy love. Young pups, as many of us know firsthand, express their unbridled enthusiasm in many ways, including, by peeing freely and without restraint. I guess that Maeby was so overjoyed to meet yet another adoring visitor, that this was her way of saying (I am, of course, paraphrasing here), "Welcome, human, to my world. And by the way, this would be a good time to start a blog." 

So there you have it. A baptism of piddle and a new beginning in the ongoing conversation of bloggers everywhere. As for the future content of "Thoughtflash", I'm going to see where this takes me. For the time being, I welcome my friends and family to read and comment on my brand new baby blog. I am certain that it will grow and develop into its own entity, just as we all do.

Looking forward to our next visit!


Marvelous Maeby

No comments:

Post a Comment